Monday, September 14, 2009

Traveling Espresso Bar

As I spoke before about the news getting out FAST about this great coffee (did I mention great before?) we had to figure out a plan. A business plan was not what we were thinking. We needed a plan to keep us roasting and selling fresh, smooth, aromatic coffee beans. Our first coffee client was Regal Nissan in Huntsville, Alabama realizing that it is good to serve the best when you are "selling" the best as far as cars. We couldn't really believe the response to the coffee. I was loving the fact that my husband would roast up a batch of Decaf for me and bring it up from his small shop in our basement and I could be spoiled with the smooth taste. The smell, the taste...perfection and I never realized coffee could or should taste so good.

Back to my blog...I had a moment of thinking I should brew another pot for myself today. I did mention Decaf and one day soon I will explain why those of you drinking decaf should be sure you are getting a "swiss water" or "mountain water" process...stay tuned...

I titled this blog "Traveling Espresso Bar" because that is how we began to let the public really know we were here. Ionia, Mi had another coffee shop/restaurant but we were different. We always tell people that. We are a coffee roasting company "first" and a bakery cafe. Not too many cities have their own coffee roasting company and some of the bigger companies don't allow you to try the coffee in a "shop" setting. We started out at the Ionia Free Fair with a small booth. Rodney and friends spent many hours building a cart system so we had our sink and counters and refrigerater all in one place. It seemed to be a success and the word was getting out about "Sozo." The next event was the Harvest Festival on Main Street Ionia. We had a great night and people were surprised but happy we were in town. We didn't have a location set for Sozo YET but we were telling people we were coming. Some very "kind" lady said "We don't need you in this town--we already have a coffee shop." She wouldn't buy a brewed cup of coffee but instead bought our yummy Caramel Apple Cider Latte! No coffee in that drink....she said it was good.....

**fast forward....the coffee shop she was referring to....closed at 6pm the day before we opened at 5:30am!! I guess they did need us after all....

That is a good place to end this blog. Happy Day! Great Coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment